TDII

Rambit

Escrito 1 de junio de 2012 - 12:03
Yeah that is an interesting idea to have forage bushes for +gold mining speed etc. Unsure about the new hero trade ship, the idea of adding this new stuff was so people had to decide which things to get instead of the same old villy > ships and then maybe another villy. But people seem to just get everything, making the start of the game a bit boring as you spend quite a lot fo time just foraging.

Have been thinking about making the new hero cost 5000 food instead of 3000, but that would probably just make people spend even longer foraging.

I just want to get it all fixed and as balanced as i can, but I keep getting tempted to add new things which then takes longer to fix and rebalance...
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [ TD ]browncrown50

Escrito 1 de junio de 2012 - 22:38
As it has become, games are all getting decided at battering rams. Pretty dumb imo, v19 was much better balanced
 Rambit

Escrito 1 de junio de 2012 - 22:50
really? I haven seen rams in a long time. Although I do disconnect from half my games, the other half usually finish at monsters.
 Nimble_Donkey

Escrito 1 de junio de 2012 - 23:58

The game ending when the 1st ram wave reach the endzone. Best repair team win the game ...

The new features equalizes the most civ benefits.

In my last game (browncrown was in other team) i build alone till 1.40 game time. And at the end the best repair team has won the "ram race" ...

At The moment there is no chance to destroy many rams. They had maximum HP,Armor and Speed. I try different strategies, but you are not able to destroy more than 10 rams. Blocks of Axe tower or ChuKoNu towers, long lines around with different towers, nothing had a great effect. So you play 2 hours just for the moment to repair the wonder when 1st ram wave reached the endzone ...

The "screws" has to be adjusting ...

The higher gold production needs higher prices. Specially for +1000 HP, Armor (!!!), +10%HP and Speed. The +100 HP is useless now. You rape these bushes in few seconds. Armor too ...

It must be very hard to get all HP,Armor and Speed before rams starting their run. It have to be a team result ...

+1000 HP = 30.000 Food
Armor = 30.000 Food
+10% = current price x 3
Speed = current price x 3
+100 HP = 10.000 Food
foraging doublespeed 1st = 20.000 Gold
2nd = 25.000 Gold
3rd = 30.000 Gold etc

ap +5 attack 1st = 5.000 Gold, 10.000 Gold, 15.000, 20.000 etc

Buy additional vills for 10.000 Gold must be a option for defenders and foragers ....

Promote the human factor in the game !

Bug:
Spawn level 36 or 38 - Large rocket enemy

19 ships starting. At the moment they have much more than 20.000 HP and you are not able to destroy many ships (1 or 3). So the group of ships reach the endzone with no great damage for the wonder (max. - 3/4000 HP). It seems that the group of ships count as "one" ship. May be a size problem. Small rocket enemy damage better ...
 Rambit

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 01:45
Quote:
+1000 HP = 30.000 Food
Armor = 30.000 Food
+10% = current price x 3
Speed = current price x 3
+100 HP = 10.000 Food
foraging doublespeed 1st = 20.000 Gold
2nd = 25.000 Gold
3rd = 30.000 Gold etc
Ideally I would have it so people start foraging sooner instead of trying to make it so the rams are more killable. Also, can't make the price of a tech cost more than 30k, that is a limit of the game.

Has anyone ever tried foraging from the start instead of building eco then foraging?
 Nimble_Donkey

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 01:48

small rocket enemy effect

You must login into Voobly to view image

large rocket enemy effect

Statistic after 2 hours game time

[ TD ]browncrown50

Editado 2 de junio de 2012 - 02:49 por [ TD ]browncrown50
Another 'best repairing team' game...this time we won, i had 25 vills in total, didn't bother buying stone

also, foraging from start is impossible, so many civs with free/cheap/bonus towers, it's impossible to even catch them by surprise

imo, this captain wallace was a terrible idea.
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 03:01
It seems to me that if both teams are repairing evenly the Top team will always win on Capped rams at the latest. It could be coincidence but every ram stalemate game I have played since vill buying has become popular results with the top team winning.

@ Donkey's Post
I think rockets work fine even though you are correct that they do minimal damage. If each ship counted as 1k damage pretty much every game would end on large rocket stage and most on small rocket stage.

I think a better solution to foraging is to add more bushes instead of increasing the prices of current bushes. Example being two 25k / 50k / 100k / 200k / 500k / 1M bushes for 10% HP increase.. same for speed except 100k / 250k / 500k / 1M / 1.5M / 2M or something similar.
If you make the starting bushes all high to begin with it delays the foraging stage even more. Which I think is a mistake.

Also seems like Axe towers got nerfed significantly since v19. I would make them have the same effect they have in v19 v rams except I would make the towers more expensive *400/500 stone?*.
 Rambit

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 03:22
Axe towers haven't been touched since v10.

What should be increase with wallace? forage bush price or tech price to upgrade it? Also, maybe I should increase the price of the large hero ship, or make it worse? It has always been OP but people liked it so i left it, maybe with wallace that isn't required.
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 04:30
Rambit wrote:
Axe towers haven't been touched since v10.

What should be increase with wallace? forage bush price or tech price to upgrade it? Also, maybe I should increase the price of the large hero ship, or make it worse? It has always been OP but people liked it so i left it, maybe with wallace that isn't required.

There is something different with rams or maybe im just now noticing it.
In v19 and before if you survived dino 3 and massed axe towers it was a certainty you would only lose once Mega Rams made it to wonder. Right now in v23 all 8 player games are over by Capped/Battering Rams. I just played a 6 player game with computers as P7 and P8 and noticed alot of rams stopping to attack towers which made getting to Mega's possible.
 Rambit

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 05:38
I made them smaller as people said they were blocking them. But I am pretty sure it is the units graphic which the towers need to hit so i don't think that would be it.

Another idea is to increase the armour on the trolls, dragons etc so it isnt a huge jump to rams.
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 06:37
Rambit wrote:
I made them smaller as people said they were blocking them. But I am pretty sure it is the units graphic which the towers need to hit so i don't think that would be it.

Another idea is to increase the armour on the trolls, dragons etc so it isnt a huge jump to rams.

1 if you survive the Ent/Dino 3 combo your guaranteed to survive Balrog/Dragons.. maybe make them stronger.

If you get to rams just take notice of how hard they are to kill. Its much different from v19 to v23.
 Rambit

Editado 2 de junio de 2012 - 09:13 por Rambit
Yeah I very very rarely make it to rams so may have to rely on you guys for that. I can add a new tower which is a combo of the axe tower and chu tower if you think it would be popular.
 Teddy

Escrito 2 de junio de 2012 - 11:39
foraging hp bushes at start is not a winnin strategy at all because opposite team will never really be in danger cause of that, cause the player who forage would lose 20/30 mins of game without boom much trade so he would lost the ''hot moment'' when foragers/slingers start to apply strategyes and also he wouldnt have much gold to up foraging speed for those cheap bushes.....
in v23 all i saw was both teams foraging 1 or 2 vills, all 3 heros trades, 1000 wood and maybe also 1000stone 1000gold!
so yes startup is pretty ''boring'' but it worth to have a strong eco in future!

about the 3dth hero trade i would make tecnos more expensive up to 2000/2000 5000/5000 10000/10000 so it will still be good trade unit and will be usefull for long long games but wouldnt make difference at 1.10 for example!! making its bush more expensive would only let teams waste more time taking it at start :P

maybe upgrade waves speed/shield by themselfs would be nice!! also in v19 game was done only by monster waves,flying waves or rams waves! standars waves hardly was able to make difference and when this occurred it was ''too soon for it'' cause of unbalanced defenders/foragers times to up!
right now this difference is not so big but still waves are too weak!!

as som1 said before all game is focused to survive to last wave :P
 Rambit

Escrito 3 de junio de 2012 - 03:17
Mod: [You must login to view link]

V24 Changes:
  • Balrog Armour increased from 15 to 30
  • Dragon Armour increased from 25 to 50
  • Axe Tower price reduced form 200 to 100
  • Commander Wallace upgrade prices doubled
  • +speed forage bushes prices doubled, last one increase from 1 million to 2.5 million
  • 10 new +5 attack techs added, all costing 20k

1234567[8]91011121314151617181920
Mostrando 106 - 120 de 286 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
12 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 12 invitados