TDII

Rambit

Escrito 14 de junio de 2012 - 06:53
Actually the second method would make foraging troublesome. I will just try to get the first method working the best I can.
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Escrito 14 de junio de 2012 - 07:14
Map is playing very well at the moment.
V25 was pretty much auto 1 sling 1 forage 2 defenders or 2 sling 1 forage 1 defender.
V26 allows 3 defend 1 forage to be an effective strategy.

Would removing villagers at a certain point be a good option? Like instead of disabling repairers could just remove the villagers when rams come. I don't think this has been a problem with units other than rams so it would fix the issue. Downside is players would have to make ram preparations much sooner.
 Rambit

Escrito 14 de junio de 2012 - 07:48
Removing villagers for the last 4 levels would make the end of the game a show rather than a game. I can make the damage triggers step up over time though.
 Ellisior

Escrito 14 de junio de 2012 - 08:32
Is there a way to find some recorded games for TDII? Maybe some tips for noobs to not get yelled at for not knowing so much lol.

So far I've always been Mayans (just building watch towers around the edges and pumping +AP), Franks (same as mayans, but with big/power towers), and Mongols where I've just lumberjacked for trade and sending out gold. If I end up being the forager I'll probably look like a big noob haha.

Anyways, if anyone has advice on being forager and other defending civs I'd appriciate hearing.
 Rambit

Editado 15 de junio de 2012 - 00:48 por Rambit
I'll try remember to upload some this week end.

Is everyone happy with the towers as they are? I want to get them right as i've started work on TDIII and would be using most of the same towers, so it will be less than ideal if the towers are slightly different between the two, ie: axe tower fires faster in TDIII, would mean you would think it id the same as TDII, etc.

I think dark tower needs to be cheaper, maybe even free to everyone. Power tower I thought might be under priced maybe but someone said it wasn't good enough so would like more feedback on that. Maybe accursed needs to be down priced again, or add a tech for it to increase attack speed. Probably the same for scorp tower. Also thinking maybe reducing onager tower price to 100 and increasing axe tower to 150.

Thoughts? The more feed back the better.

EDIT:
Another idea for a tower like scorp or maybe accursed that is unpopular, is to add a tech at uni for it to upgrade to 'heavy scropion tower', which would have more range and attack speed.
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Escrito 15 de junio de 2012 - 01:04
Making Dark Towers free or like 5 stone is fine. They really have little purpose no matter what the cost imo. Could be used as quick blockers or something for dinos if free.
Scorp towers seem pointless. I like putting 4-5 at the spawn to hit units that don't move, but other than that really don't think they are useful. Power tower price is fine although I think you should consider making the upgrades like 20k-30k-40k. Change franks bonus to 1/2 off. Accursed price is ok but making it cheaper is fine I think.
Onager towers don't seem to work well imo. Even with speed upgrade maxed. Could u add an attack ground option? lol :P
Axe towers are perfect right now I think. If you make them to early your unlikely to survive to when you really need them *unless your 3 solid defenders* But late they allow you to actually complete all levels provided you have all speed upgrades + a strong economy.
 Rambit

Editado 15 de junio de 2012 - 02:35 por Rambit
Quote:
Onager towers don't seem to work well imo. Even with speed upgrade maxed. Could u add an attack ground option?
Perhaps I can change the onager tower upgrades to use the idea I had for scorp towers. Upgrade to Siege Onager Tower which has more blast radius aswell as attack speed. Would probably work better than the scorp tower in that regard. May need to increase projectile speed so they dont miss moving units.
Quote:
Power tower price is fine although I think you should consider making the upgrades like 20k-30k-40k
Max price I can make anything is 32000 unfortunately.
Quote:
Change franks bonus to 1/2 off.
Is this because of the power tower being useful now? Keep in mind the difference between 50% off and 75% off for a 25 stone tower is about 6 stone. Reality is that you can have a builder constantly building power towers comfortably from one stone miner no matter what civ.

[Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Editado 15 de junio de 2012 - 03:10 por [Eot_]ForgiveMe_
Rambit wrote:

Is this because of the power tower being useful now? Keep in mind the difference between 50% off and 75% off for a 25 stone tower is about 6 stone. Reality is that you can have a builder constantly building power towers comfortably from one stone miner no matter what civ.

Right now a really good defender paired with another average/good defender can survive threw level 39 with power tower spamming *with any civ*. Its hard getting past seige rams because repairers are removed when the capped rams are coming around and usually 5-6 of each get threw.
The Franks bonus just makes this power tower spam much easier to pull off *Spans also easy to do it*. Just to be clear I really like the power tower spam aspect of the game and don't think it is overpowered. It requires a really good player + a strong economy to do successfully. It is also weak against forager rushes.
 Rambit

Editado 15 de junio de 2012 - 23:31 por Rambit
Mod: [You must login to view link]
Map: [You must login to view link]

V28 Changes:
  • New tech to upgrade to Siege Onager Tower
  • New tech for 2x Scorpion Tower attack speed
  • Onager Tower price droped from 150 to 100
  • Dark tower is now free
  • Accursed Tower price dropped from 30 to 15
  • Anti-Blocking Triggers added

EDIT: updated to V28, V27 was bugged.
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Escrito 15 de junio de 2012 - 23:56
This map is getting really close to being perfect. It also has a great following of players. I just want to say great job rambit, this is the most successful map you have made in a while
 Nimble_Donkey

Escrito 16 de junio de 2012 - 01:21
;thumbup ... for a while .... smile

Last night I did a little experiment ...

What do you think about

Start foraging booster for 100 wood in Dark Age (+25% - development 8-10 min gametime - specially for 3vs3 and lower) in a "Rambit Boost Workshop" (RBW)

Mahouts for 5000 gold (when imp) in "RBW" (disabled for Mongols,Aztecs,Turks,Persians,Saracens)

Double Bit Axe (1000 gold/100 wood feudal), Bow Saw (1500 gold/150 wood castle age) and Two Man Saw (2000 gold/200 wood imp) (disabled for Celts) in RBW

Construction crane (1500 gold/300 wood castle age) in RBW - disabled for spains

Careening (1000 gold castle age), Dry Dock (2000 gold) and shipwright (2500 gold) in imperial/Dock - shipwright disabled for aztecs and vikings

Lower villager price (-50%) in ARCenter for 10.000 gold - disabled for turks

"Nuke oppoments ARCenters" for 15.000 gold .... lol

Buggy Food - see Screenshots

You must login into Voobly to view image

You must login into Voobly to view image
 Punch_Drunk

Escrito 16 de junio de 2012 - 02:08
sup rambit i think this scenario is coming along nicely but i still have a problem with some of the civ bonuses..say perhaps goths...ive attempted several times to take advantage of the hand carts only costing 1 wood which is great but its impossible to keep up with everyone else by making a load of hand carts, even if they cost 1 wood because they produce way too slow. so i was thinking a nice adjustment might b to speed up hand carts production x2.5 or make it so that all goths dark age trade units cost 1 wood..[market: hand carts, dock: fish, and airdock: turkeys]. i think this will make the goth civ bonus useful but not too overpowered. maybe i got my math wrong on the x2.5 production but something along that nature, im confident u can work out the specifics.. but thought i might suggest this much. continue the good work!

o and another thing ill admit too, ive kinda been cheating in a sort. (though id like to refer to it as taking advantage of). when u forage, every 5 or so seconds u accumulate a very large amount of food. this can be exploited by clicking on the market as u forage and holding shift and selling the food b4 it disappears. eventually it goes down to 14 gold for 100 food but with shift u can sell the food in the 1000s. if u r able to with out too much trouble maybe u can fix this. gl cya
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Escrito 16 de junio de 2012 - 03:31
Goths are epic....

just keep pumping hand carts WHILE you make other units at sky dock and dock.

goths are better than a civ like viks imo
 Rambit

Escrito 16 de junio de 2012 - 04:49
Quote:
This map is getting really close to being perfect. It also has a great following of players. I just want to say great job rambit, this is the most successful map you have made in a while
Thanks Dave, I am happy with it too. There is only a certain amount of player willing to try something other than TD plus be able to pick up this map which admittedly is hard to do. But of those people I think a good percentage of them play it, not aware of many who have learnt it and disliked it. Probably what I need to work on the most is making maps easy to learn, I don't think I will make them more simple as I like complex maps, but just need to spend more time on the teaching people aspect.
Quote:
Last night I did a little experiment ...

What do you think about

Start foraging booster for 100 wood in Dark Age (+25% - development 8-10 min gametime - specially for 3vs3 and lower) in a "Rambit Boost Workshop" (RBW)

Mahouts for 5000 gold (when imp) in "RBW" (disabled for Mongols,Aztecs,Turks,Persians,Saracens)

Double Bit Axe (1000 gold/100 wood feudal), Bow Saw (1500 gold/150 wood castle age) and Two Man Saw (2000 gold/200 wood imp) (disabled for Celts) in RBW

Construction crane (1500 gold/300 wood castle age) in RBW - disabled for spains

Careening (1000 gold castle age), Dry Dock (2000 gold) and shipwright (2500 gold) in imperial/Dock - shipwright disabled for aztecs and vikings

Lower villager price (-50%) in ARCenter for 10.000 gold - disabled for turks

"Nuke oppoments ARCenters" for 15.000 gold .... lol
I can add many techs like that, but they would involve extra balancing and at this point in time I would rather move onto TDIII. Could always come back and update this one at a later date though.
Quote:
o and another thing ill admit too, ive kinda been cheating in a sort. (though id like to refer to it as taking advantage of). when u forage, every 5 or so seconds u accumulate a very large amount of food. this can be exploited by clicking on the market as u forage and holding shift and selling the food b4 it disappears. eventually it goes down to 14 gold for 100 food but with shift u can sell the food in the 1000s. if u r able to with out too much trouble maybe u can fix this. gl cya
I'm aware of that and don't think it is an issue. It is a trick you can use as an advantage, its just one of those little things which can help you if you are experienced enough to learn it.

On a similar note, I never fixed a bug regarding teutons not gettings food tributed away at all, is anyone aware if this is still the case or has it fixed itself?
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Escrito 16 de junio de 2012 - 05:03
Rambit wrote:
I'm aware of that and don't think it is an issue. It is a trick you can use as an advantage, its just one of those little things which can help you if you are experienced enough to learn it.

On a similar note, I never fixed a bug regarding teutons not gettings food tributed away at all, is anyone aware if this is still the case or has it fixed itself?

Don't think its a civ bug just a P1 bug. P1's food does not tribute at the same rate as the other players.
I don't know the exact breaking point or w/e but it seems to break around when your getting the 25k double which would be around 900-1000% boost. By 27500 it goes really high. You can see the food tribute still but not to 0 and not fast enough to to make much of a difference. Theres like 39.7m food to collect and usually I will have over 20m food in inventory when I complete foraging as P1. All other colors the amount will be 0.

1234567891011[12]1314151617181920
Mostrando 166 - 180 de 286 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
3 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 3 invitados

Aktivste Beiträge der letzten Woche: